Welcome to Year 6!
We hope that you have all had a relaxing and enjoyable summer break! We are looking forward to an exciting, fun and challenging year ahead with Cherry and Chestnut class.
Below you will find the Home Learning Grid and any resources needed. Furthermore, we have uploaded a 'Welcome to year 6' PowerPoint with some general information about the year ahead. You will also find the curriculum letter for this half term outlining all the learning we are going to cover which has been uploaded below.
Some reminders and key points:
- Our homework grid has been uploaded here and on google classroom. The homework grid is due Monday 18th October 2021
- Spelling homework is being set weekly. Homework is sent home on Friday and is due in the following Friday. The children are tested on these words.
- The children will also be doing weekly maths test to embed the learning we do during the week.
- Please encourage your child to read every day and record their reading in their record. Reading records will be checked by an adult in school on a Friday. They should be signed by an adult from home at least twice a week.
- PE days are Monday! Remember to send your child in to school wearing their PE kit.
- Please remember to send healthy snacks to school with your child!
Miss Shirazi & Mr Brecknell