Welcome to Year 6!
Welcome back to the final half term of year 6. The children have come back with a fantastic attitude towards their learning.
Some reminders and key points:
- Our homework grid has been uploaded here and on google classroom.
Where possible, homework should be turned into google classroom. Alternatively, work can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com . Paper copies can be brought into school on the deadline, which is Monday 19th July. Children - please ask us if you need a paper copy.
- Spelling homework is being set weekly. Homework is sent home on Friday and is due in the following Friday. The children are tested on these words.
- The children will be given extra reading, maths, grammar and punctuation homework which will be set additionally to their weekly spellings. Please ensure your child completes the work set each week and looks after their folder. Marked homework will be sent home.
- Please encourage your child to continue to read every day and record their reading in their record. Reading records will be checked by an adult in school on a Friday. They should be signed by an adult from home at least twice a week.
- PE days are Thursday! Remember to send your child in to school wearing their PE kit.
- Please remember to send healthy snacks to school with your child!
Miss Day & Miss Shirazi